Wednesday, July 23, 2008

#61 - Love Walked In


Book No: 61
Title: Love Walked In
Author: Marisa De Los Santos
Genre: Contemporary Fiction
Published: 2006
Obtained: 2008/Paperbackswap
Completed: 7/21/08
No. of Pages: 307
Rating: 5/5*****

Oh my goodness, I cannot believe how much I loved this book. I couldn’t put it down, laughed, cried and read it over two days time, to the exclusion of just about everything else.

Cornelia Brown is a tiny sprite of a woman who loves old classic movies; in particular The Philadelphia Story. When Martin Grace walks into her coffee shop one day, looking so much like Cary Grant it’s unbelievable, Cornelia goes out with him and begins to fall in love. What she doesn’t know is that Martin has a few secrets he has yet to share, and when one is revealed to be is eleven year old daughter, Clare, Cornelia begins a journey that changes her entire life.

This book was pitch perfect, with two amazing characters in Cornelia and Clare, people you just wish you really had in your life. The secondary characters were all wonderful, and fleshed out people. The movie and poetry references were so clever and I was completely bewitched by this book. I was also very pleased to know there is a sequel, entitled Belong to Me, and I have it and have already devoured half of it. I’ll be back with that review shortly. My first 5***** book of the year (I’m cheap with that rating)

2 comments:

Les said...

Yay!! I've yet to find someone who didn't like this (and the sequel)!

Anonymous said...

Thanks to you and Les I had to pick this up from the library, hoping to read it in September. Thanks