Thursday, July 10, 2008

#53 - Where Are You Now?


Book No: 53
Title: Where Are You Now?
Author: Mary Higgins Clark
Genre: Mystery
Published: 2008
Obtained: 2008/Paperbackswap.com
Completed: 7/8/08
No. of Pages: 289
Rating: 3 /5*****

Mary Higgins Clark is a ‘comfort’ read for me. I’ve read all of her mysteries since her first book Where are the Children? came out, about 25 years ago. In the last several years her books have been hit or miss with me, although I found this one to be one of her better stories. The mystery involves the disappearance of Carolyn MacKenzie’s older brother “Mack”. Ten years ago he disappeared without a trace, yet he calls home ever Mother’s Day to tell his family he’s okay. Now an attorney Carolyn has decided to find out what led Mack to walk away from his family. In starting this investigation Carolyn opens up a Pandora’s Box of trouble and long buried secrets. While the writing was not top notch, the mystery was fairly well done, although some of the stereotypical cop behavior was a little over the top. Still I was entertained, even though I had figured out most of ‘whodunit and why’ about half way through the book.

No comments: