Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Okay, I Lied

So yesterday I posted that I was not going to sign up for anymore challenges. Today I signed up for the Chunkster Challenge 2008. Trying to read 4 chunky books over the course of the year isn't so bad though, because three of my books fit some of my other challenges! So here are my books for this new challenge, and that's it, I swear!

Marie Antoinette; The Journey by Antonia Fraser
The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay by Michael Chabon
Life Mask by Emma Donoghue
Silent in the Grave by Deanna Raybourn

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I've heard that the second book on your list is a good one!
Stephanie
www.thewrittenword.wordpress.com

Anonymous said...

Hi Ladyslott, you've signed up for some cool challenges! As I'm new to blogging, i signed up for a couple myself - year of reading dangerously and the chunkster challenge. I've tried to keep it minimal as I'm not a huge fan of prescriptive reading but so far loving them. I'm going to be interested to read your reviews on these - I've only read Kavalier & Clay, which is a stonking good read. Hope you enjoy them!
Logophile

MizB said...

I just found out about "Silent In the Grave" while shopping at the grocery store, a few weeks ago (it was in the book section, and I was browsing. ;-P) I put it on my to-read-later list. I'll be interested to hear your thoughts! :-)

Ladyslott said...

stephanie;

I have had this on my TBR pile forever! This finally gives me the push I needed to get it read.