Wednesday, September 24, 2008

#69 - Such a Pretty Fat



Book No: 69
Title: Such a Pretty Fat
Author: Jennifer Lancaster
Genre: Memoir
Published: 2008
Obtained: 2008/Target
Completed: 8/23/08
No. of Pages: 400
Rating: 4/5*****

This is the third book by Lancaster I’ve read in the past few months, so now I’ll have to wait a while because that’s her entire inventory. As usual Jen’s take no prisoners style of writing and humor had me laughing my a** off, and shaking my head in agreement or shaking my head in disbelief at some of the things that come out of her mouth.
This time around Jennifer is confronting her issues with weight, and the realization that she needs to get healthy before she has a slew of health problems. Her denial, realization and then grappling with the reality of learning to take care of herself is mad funny and something all of us can probably relate to on some level. Never lacking for self confidence Jen is sure that she can lose this weight her way- and it’s not a realistic approach. Eventually she accepts the truth of her lifestyle choices and faces it head on - but we are laughing all the way and rooting for her success.

No comments: