Monday, March 3, 2008

#13 - 20th Century Ghosts




Book No: 13
Title: 20th Century Ghosts
Author: Joe Hill
Genre: Horror
Published: 2007
Obtained: 2008/Kindle
Completed: 2/22/08
No. of Pages: 336
Rating: 4/5*****

I am not big on short stories, but having read and loved Heart Shaped Box last year, I thought I would give Joe Hill’s anthology try. I’m very glad I did. These stories are an eclectic collection, some of them not horror at all, but perfectly pitched stories about fathers and sons. Some were outright creepy, like the boy who turns into a cricket and some were a bit of both, sweet and slightly creepy, which was the story of a young teen ghost who haunts a movie theatre. Although not every story clicked with me I really enjoyed the writing and the variety Hill provided here; I hope he is working on another novel as we speak, I will be first on line to buy it.

No comments: