Friday, November 14, 2008

#83- Billy Collins- Live



Book No: 83
Title: Billy Collins Live
Author: Billy Collins
Genre: Poetry
Published: 2005
Obtained: 2008/Audible
Completed: 11/09/08
No. of Pages: N/A
Rating: 5/5*****

I am not a huge fan of poetry; it’s not that I dislike it; it is just not something I look for while searching for a good read. However I was convinced to give Billy Collins a try. A former Poet Laureate of the U.S., Collins’ collection of poems was a delightful revelation for me.

This collection of about 20 of Mr. Collins poems is read by the author. The poems are very contemporary and speak of simple things we can all relate to. ‘The Lanyard’ a poem about going to camp and making a lanyard to give to one’s mother is charming, funny and touching. The poem about a dog that has died is also funny- but once again touching. In fact I loved all the poems in this collection and plan on getting some of Billy Collins books to read and keep – to read the poems again and again as needed. If you think you don’t like poetry give Billy Collins a try-I think you will be surprised.

1 comment:

tennischick said...

A friend gave me this in CD format. I still haven't listened to it. Perhaps now I will. Thanks for the reminder!